Tuesday, October 20, 2009

milk vs. empty room

During this last week I have spent a lot of time reshooting for this project and trying new ways to think about how to charge a space and how to show a desire for the physical presence of another. I started working with milk as a representation of a body and a person, because it is this bodily substance that we all start out drinking as infants and then continue to throughout our lives. I tried to find ways of immersing myself in this substance and allowing it to be immersed by my own body as well.
Initially I was determined to steer away from using the body, but when I was thinking about my core idea and concept I felt it was more important to visually go in another direction if that meant conveying my concept successfully. I still think that the empty room has possibilities that I have yet to explore, but this is where I am so far.

1 comment: